Karate is an amazing and wondrous journey of self-discovery. Karate is unique in it's ability to meet every student exactly where they are regardless their age or the motivation for joining.
Our students actively work on 4 specific areas of development :
1) PHYSICAL - We will work to improve muscle application through drills with high repetitions. We will also continue to develop their legs, arms, core and abdominals with static, active and dynamic exercises that improve gross, complex, and fine motor skills.
2) INTELLECTUAL - We will work toward improving their ability to listen and follow direction. They will learn to retain 3 or more commands at once as well as distinguishing between their left and right sides.
3) EMOTIONAL - This age group has such an excitement for the things they are "into" and tend to shut down when they don't feel like doing something. We will work on self-control drills that will help them focus their attention on the task at hand. We will also work the 4 Laws of Razor Sharp Focus - EYES, EARS, MIND and BODY!
4) SOCIAL - We will build good Teamwork Skills by practicing no cheating, not getting angry when they lose and not bragging when they win. We will help them learn to embrace discipline, respect and manners as a way to make parents and teachers proud.
1) PHYSICAL - Karate is unique in its ability to meet students at whatever their current physical fitness level is and build from there. Whether your child is a die-hard coach potato, excels athletically, or is somewhere in between we can challenge them while teaching them to enjoy fitness and live a healthy lifestyle. The physical nature of karate builds strength and endurance, increases coordination and agility, and improves hand-eye coordination, balance and even flexibility. We place a strong emphasis on building athleticism and developing students gross, complex and fine motor skills through a series of fun and ever-changing drills, skills and actions.
2) INTELLECTUAL - We know the only way to truly develop confidence and character is to meet and overcome obstacles and challenges, not from hollow praise and unearned accolades. The belt system teaches students short and long-term goal setting and helps them focus through distractions and work on completing and following through on tasks. The formula for success in any endeavor in life is consistent effort over time. This is reinforced through a natural reward system as students progress through increasingly difficult curriculum skills with higher expectations and standards. This builds true confidence and self-esteem from the inside out.
3) EMOTIONAL - Students at this age can easily become frustrated when working through challenges such as performing a new skill for the first time. We will help them persevere through challenges, develop the mental toughness to deal with disappointment, and teach them to trust their instincts and intuition. In a world where everything happens now, children that can delay gratification, control their impulses, and accept personal responsibility stand out among their peers. We work on developing emotional maturity by moving students from external discipline and control to internal self-discipline and self-control where they accept both the positive and negative outcomes of their actions and choices.
4) SOCIAL - This age group is working on learning and building the social skills they will need for the rest of their lives. We will teach them that respect and manners are the basic foundation off all relationships, that rules are made to keep us safe, and will work on listening and understanding skills in order to be good students and friends. We will also teach students what it means to be principle-centered and how to make advance decisions so they will have the courage and skills to stand up to negative peer pressure and bullying.
Self-discipline is the foundation for building all other skills. It leads to good judgment and decision making, impulse control, and good emotional regulation. It is also the foundation for the development of good character. Once a child learns self-discipline, everything else becomes easier. What's something exciting your business offers? Say it here.
Self-esteem comes from learning to value and respect yourself. Confidence comes from gaining competence. Kids are far more capable than we give them credit for. When they gain confidence on the karate floor it translates out to everything else they do at home and school.
The teenage years can either be some of the most challenging or most rewarding for both the teen and their parents. It all depends on how a teen feels about themselves and others. Teens are physically living in an “adult” body but haven’t gained the judgment, emotional maturity, and impulse control that comes with years of additional life experience. Karate gives teens a safe yet challenging environment where we can help them in the areas they need most in order to become responsible, happy adults.
1) Improved Academic Performance : The attributes of focus and attention to detail, goal-setting and self-motivation, and determination and perseverance your teen learns on the martial arts floor translates perfectly to their school classroom. They will have a significant edge in high school and on into college.
2) Valuable Life Skills : Our goal is to develop independent self-starters who can set and achieve goals and are unaffected by negative peer pressure. Character and life skills such as Self-Discipline, Confidence, Respect, Follow Through, Independence, Communication, Mental Toughness, Leadership and more will remain with them forever. We’ll reinforce the character lessons you’ve been teaching them at home all these years... but it will be coming from somebody else which often makes them more open to listen and willing to apply the lessons in their lives every day.
3) Physical Fitness : A healthy environment with physical activity can help reduce the anxiety and stress that teens experience due to parental expectations, homework and school, social pressure from friends, and even just the time pressure of our busy lives. In addition to the benefits of healthy exercise, our focus on athleticism helps build teens strength, endurance, and flexibility and gives them a fitness foundation they can build on for life. At no other time will a person's body respond to physical training like it does during this stage of life.
4) Personal Safety : Students learn how to defend themselves mentally and physically. Students will learn to recognize risky behaviors and how to avoid them by making advance decisions. We will teach them what threats look like and help them learn to avoid conflict before it starts. Because of a teen's lack of life experience, there is often added drama that comes with new experiences. We teach teens how to turn down the volume on this drama and keep themselves on an even, steady course which can drastically reduce the potential for conflict. Lastly, if all else fails we teach them the physical tools necessary to protect themselves.
The Focus, Attention To Detail, Motivation and Mental Toughness your teen learns in Martial Arts translates perfectly to their needs in the school classroom. They’ll have a significant edge even into high school, college, and beyond.
Good Judgment, Good Character and Advance Decision-Making can help your teen avoid potentially dangerous situations before they happen. You and your teen can have peace of mind knowing they have the physical and mental skills to avoid conflict and defend themselves if necessary.
Teens are exposed to a wide variety of positive and negative influences. The decisions they make at this age can have life-long consequences. Karate provides a safe environment where they are surrounded by good friends and positive role models. This is the safety net they need to be able to say "NO" to negative peer pressure.
Adult karate is fitness with a purpose! We know you have a busy life and a limited amount of time. We make it easy for you to get a great workout while simultaneously learning self-defense skills to keep you and your family safe. No matter what your fitness goals... whether you want to get stronger, have more endurance, improve your cardio or your flexiblity, reduce stress, or lose weight we can help. If you are a part-time coach potatoe looking to get in better shape or an accomlished athlete looking for a new challenge, we can help you set and achieve appropriate fitness goals. All with the added benefit of learning real world self-defense skills.
THIS IS NOT YOUR KIDS KARATE! You may have been led to believe Karate is just for kids. All the TV hype would have you believe only styles being used in the MMA ring today are effective for self-defense. Nothing could be further from the truth! Anything that is a "classic" means it has stood the test of time. That it's not just a passing fad. Traditional training in classical martial arts is the same. It is a self-defense method that was actually used by people to defend themselves in the real world where there is no ring, and there are no rules or referees. There is much more involved in staying safe than learning a few blocking, striking or kicking techniques. Our curriculum teaches students how to recognize and avoid conflict before it starts. Should you find yourself in a situation anyway, we teach the strategies, principles and mindset needed to win in the real world.
Martial arts will help you become the best version of yourself. If you are tired of the "herd" mentality and are looking to be around intelligent, motivated, goal-oriented people, then our program is for you. As adults, few things challenge us to look at ourselves and become better. The training floor is a microcosm of the bigger world. Whatever you find holding you back on the floor is also holding you back in your life. The difference is the training floor is a controlled environment where you can systemically work on overcoming whatever the obstacles are that are keeping you from being the best version of yourself. When you confront those things and overcome them in your martial arts training it becomes easier to confront them and overcome them in your life. This can lead to better relationships at home and more opportunities in the work world as well.